Sunday, March 10, 2013

Laid Back 31 DC: Day 11, Splatter


Now we're into the real nail art portion of the challenge! Today's theme is splatter, which is a first for me. I'm very glad I put tape on the skin around my nails or else it would have been a pain in the ass to clean up! I had a bit of a problem actually getting the polish to come out of the straw, but overall I'm happy with how this turned out. Here are the polishes I used:

Seche Clear, OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons, Sally Hansen Red Zin, and HK Girl

Blood splatter!

I used one coat of Seche Clear for my base, two coats of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons, and one coat of HK Girl to speed up the dry-time. Once DPMY was dry I used a straw to "splatter" Sally Hansen Red Zin onto my nails, then used another coat of HK Girl once Red Zin had dried a bit. 

Thanks for reading and be sure to check out the other splatter manicures!


2 comments: