Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Liebster Award

Cazzy at SpecialGirl Nails was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award. Thanks, Cazzy! This is an award given to blogs with under 200 followers and it is a bit like a chain letter in that you're supposed to pass it on to other blogs once you've received the award.

Here are the rules:

1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you

3. Ask 11 questions to the people you are nominating

4. Find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, and nominate them.

Eleven facts about myself:

1. I work for a private investigation company.
2. I have three cats.
3. I watch a ton of Investigation Discovery.
4. My polish obsession started with the Kardashian Kolors that came out in 2011 (but I am not a Kardashian fan).
5. My favorite clothing store is Marshalls.
6. I'm an only child.
7. My least favorite household task is vacuuming or mopping.
8. I can't stand bare walls! I have pictures and artwork all over the walls of my condo.
9. My favorite professional sport is basketball.
10. I tried to hold off as long as I could on buying indie polishes, but now there is no going back!
11. I eat cereal all the time!

Eleven questions from Cazzy:

1. What is your favourite polish? Brand, or shade
My favorite brand is China Glaze because they have so much variety, are widely available, and their prices are affordable.

2. If you created a polish, what would it be like?
I'm not sure what color I would go with, but I know it would be sparkly! Teal would probably be involved. 

3. What's the most difficult nail art technique you have tried?
I've tried to do stripes with Scotch tape instead of striping tape and I find it so difficult to get clean lines. 

4. What's your biggest lemming (the polish you most want but don't have)?
There's a few Emily De Molly polishes I want, so hopefully I'll be able to grab them in the next LLarowe restock. 

5. What do you prefer to post/read about? Swatches, or nail art?
So far I've really only posted challenge-related nail art and I don't really plan on doing swatches simply due to cost and time restraints. I enjoy reading about both because I like to see the new polishes coming out so I can add them to my "want" list, but I also like seeing nail art to inspire my manicures. 

6. What is your best polish bargain?
I think Transdesign has great prices on brands like China Glaze, Orly, Sation, Barielle, etc. I was able to get the It's Real 18K gold polish from Sephora by OPI for over half off during their winter clearance. I've also picked up some Essies for $4 at Marshalls. 

7. How important is neat polish/cuticle cleanup to you?
Very important! I think that can make the biggest difference in how great a manicure looks. I usually clean up my nails in the shower since the warm water helps loosen any polish on my cuticles, but I've also been using a small brush dipped in acetone more often. 

8. What are you wearing on your nails right now?
Zoya Kiki (a hot pink with blue flash) and Kleancolor Aurora (pink stars and holo hex glitter). 

9. What is your favourite nail shape?
For myself I prefer square or square with rounded edges.  

10. What do you think the next polish trend will be?
Obviously textured polish is happening in a big way... but I hope we (in the US) get some cool stuff like Europe has with OPI Black Spotted or Barry M Croc Effect.

11. If you were in complete isolation, like on a desert island, would you still paint your nails?
I feel like I'd probably be more concerned with survival in a desert island situation, but if it's isolation as in I just don't see many people, then yes! 

Now here are 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate:

1. Have you ever had artificial nails?
2. How often do you get a bad nail break?
3. What polish(es) started your obsession?
4. What is your favorite holiday?
5. What are some of your favorite blogs?
6. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of nail polish/art?
7. What are your favorite base and top coats?
8. Do you like the smell of nail polish?
9. Are there any brands you wish were more available where you live?
10. Where do you buy most of your polish?
11. What do you friends and family think of your polish obsession?

Here are the blogs I nominate for a Liebster Award:


I tried to find eleven, but it seems that a lot of people have already been nominated or have over 200 followers. :)

Thanks for reading!
 

2 comments: