Monday, February 18, 2013

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday: Pink and Rainbow

I love finding blogs filled with amazing manicures.  Today's manicure was inspired by this one from The Polished Perfectionist.  Her posts are awesome!  I didn't have the exact colors she used in her manicure, so I used Nicole by OPI Still into Pink and NOPI Confetti Fun.  I used 2-3 coats of Still into Pink and dabbed Confetti Fun onto the tips.  The glitter payoff was great.  I did wipe off a bit off of clear base after dabbing on the initial glitter in order not to get lumpy tips.  I topped it off with one coat of Seche Vite, but my bottle was getting a little goopy so after the SV dried I applied one coat of American Classics In a Hurry.



Shiny!
 

I wanted to try out the two matte topcoats I had.   The index and pinky fingers are the SV/In a Hurry combo.  I applied 2 1/2 coats of NYC Matte Me Crazy to my middle finger and one coat of Essie Matte About You to my ring finger.  Obviously the Essie mattifies way more than the NYC.  The nail with the NYC matte top coat makes the Still into Pink look like it does without any top coat (it already dries a bit matte due to the neon pigment).  These pictures are not very color accurate--the Essie did not grey out this polish as much as the photos show.  I'm usually not crazy about matte nails, but I really like this combination.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment