Friday, February 1, 2013

Laid Back 31 Day Challenge: Day 1, Black and White

Happy Friday! I'm starting a laid back 31 day challenge with Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  There will be two challenges each week with a different theme for each of the 31 days. Today's theme is black and white. I wanted to do something a little simple since I had to bake cookies before doing my nails and I didn't want to be up too late. I started with a base coat of Salon Sciences Instant Artificials and used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for my first color. Using the end of a small nail art brush I made dots with China Glaze Liquid Leather.


I made the cat face with a small nail art brush and Liquid Leather. I had to re-do the ears because I painted them too close together at first and it looked even more like a dog. :)  Next time I'll paint the eyes further apart too.I put one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on my thumb and topped all of my nails with one coat of Seche Vite

Make sure to check out the other beautiful manicures for Day 1!  Thanks for reading. :)




4 comments:

  1. What a cute mani. I hope your cookies turned out yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thought you might like to know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://specialgirlnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/yay-i-won-liebster-award-or-3-lol.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I just posted all my questions and answers http://lalalalacquer.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-liebster-award.html

      Delete